"Tell me what your 10k time is and I'll beat it like Michael Jackson." This is exactly what Drewboy said when I mentioned to him that I was doing a mini run this Sunday. If you dont how far a 10k is, its equivalent to 6 miles (which in my opinion is pretty far considering I can barely do 2 on a treadmill.) The run was a charity event for disadvantaged kids (but I'm guessing all the proceeds went to Indian kids ONLY) due to the fact that the 1 picture that was up on the bulletin board was of an Indian kid and second, one of the bigger prizes was a trip to India. Man, the gallons of curry I would eat to win that one (I'm kidding of course). But, if you do want to try a bunch of Indian food for free, I suggest you do one of these races because that's part of what they offer you after you finish. I'm just wondering who let the secret out that I was craving yellow-greenish curdled curry after running for 6 miles straight (again, I'm kidding.) Other than waking up at 6:30 and having to run next to smelly people for an hour, I must say I am quite proud of Aimee, Tony and I. We were able to finish the race in an hour and 5 minutes which is way faster than I had expected. My body is in pain but it was all worth it. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
congrats on the run...you can still have your prize. i'll send it to your house. holler at me with your address.
mikey is psycho.
Post a Comment