Friday, June 13, 2008

Shot

So yesterday I was beyond annoyed and had the revelation that I really cannot handle when things go wrong, even if when it's the smallest thing. (I really need to grow up.) Before you read on, my apologies for boring you for the next 5 minutes but I need to vent and that's what this site is for isn't it? So anyhow, I start my new job on Monday and I'm required to get a TB clearance (since I'll be working with kiddies), but because I already took a TB test back home for my liquor license, I knew I didn't have to do it again since it's supposed to be good for 4 years or something like that. WRONG! I called my doctor asking that they fax the clearance slip to my current employer and they don't have a record of me going in for the shot, checking back to make sure I'm TB free, or the billing for it! That's 3 strikes! I mean seriously, wtf is going on at that circus office?! Now don't get me wrong, if I already had a doctor and what not in California, I would have felt a little more relieved but I had nothing, nada! Not the slightest idea of where to go or how in advance I would need to make an apt. The best part was that I was able to give them the specific date of when I took the test! As I was talking (more so whining and complaining) to the nurse (who was the one that gave me the damn shot) about my situation she says "I kind of remember you coming in for your TB shot, are you on the slimmer side?" My reply was "Well, I like to think so, thanks!" As much as I appreciated her comment referring to my average body-type, I would have been a lot more satisfied with her asking "What's the number you need me to fax this clearance slip to?" But no, not my luck. All I got was a few sorry's and a "Can you come in tomorrow and take it again?" "Um, no nurse, I'm in California!" "Oh yeah, thats right!" she says. Peachy. So yeah, ending of story, I was able to get an apt. at the last minute and I also have the luxury of going in again to show them that I'm not TB infected. Super! Oh yeah, perhaps I forgot to mention that I was up at at the crack of dawn this morning worrying about this stuff while I was also suffering from the hangover I had from drinking for 5 hours with Miss Aimee. On a happier note, there was a very hot bartender at E&O's, so it looks like I'll be frequenting that place around 6ish on Thursday nights. Funny thing too, that's the second hot bartender that I've seen at E&O's (the other one was in Hawaii). Coincidence? I think not!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUDE... I WANNA HANG OUT AT E&OS WITH YOU AND AMY!!! FUNNNN!

bummer about your TB.. but at least it's taken care of!! good luck next week!